August 17, 2010 by The Perfectly Imperfect One
T.J. made this dish a few weeks ago and it was so yummy. I know it says “spring salad” but I am sure it is just as tasty in any season 🙂
5 oz Grape Tomatoes
6 oz (dry) Tri-Color Rotini Noodles
5 oz Black Olives (halved or chopped)
2 TBSP Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
1/2 cup crumbled Mozzerella cheese
1. Cut Cherry Tomatoes in half
2. Half or Chop the Olives
3. Place tomatoes and olives in container in fridge to cool
4. Bring 4 cups water to rolling boil (add 1 teaspoon salt for taste). Boil Rotini on medium-high heat till aldente (8-9 min)
5. Drain Pasta and place in container with lid.
6. Added crumbled Mozzarella and parsley (while noodles are hot).
7. Place lid on container and shake to mix noodles, parsley and cheese. Place in fridge to cool (20-30 min)
8. Once cool Mix in Tomatoes and Olives and sitr together.
9. Add Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp pepper, 3/4 tsp salt.
10. Mix again, slowly folding using spoon or spatula.
11. Serve Immediately or store with lid.
(If stored, mix again befotre serving)
T.J. made this again over the weekend, but instead of mozzarella, he waited for the pasta to cool and added chunks of pepper jack cheese. I ate a ton of this and it was aaammmazing!